Murtizapur is a municipal council and one of the taluka of a district of Akola of Amravati division of Vidarbha region of Maharashtra.
The climate here is considered to be a local steppe climate. During the year, there is little rainfall in Murtijapur. The climate here is classified as BSh by the Köppen-Geiger system. In Murtijapur, the average annual temperature is 27.5 °C. The rainfall here averages 786 mm.
Murtizapur has schools from pre-primary to graduation in arts and commerce. … There are a lot of young citizens of Murtizapur who have left the town for education and employment and have settled in the metro areas of Maharashtra like Pune, Mumbai, and Nagpur.
Murtajapur railway station is the junction station of the 762mm narrow gauge railway known locally as the Shakuntala Express. This line is composed of two legs intersecting with the Howrah-Nagpur-Mumbai line at Murtajapur — the 76 km northern leg to Achalpur railway station and the 113 km southeastern leg to Yavatmal railway station. As of 2004, this line was still owned by a London-based company which had leased the line to India’s Central Railway since 1903.
Place of interest
• Muramba – Dr. Vijay Bhatkar’s birthplace (India’s Supercomputer Scientist and Padma Bhushan)
• Gadage Baba Mahavidyalay – Famous for coaching The national Game coaching Kho-Kho & Kabaddi winner team in state every year
• Gorakshan – Famous for distributing food to beggars and Poor’s in morning and evening
• Dr.Bhimrao Ambedkar Statue- Tallest statue in Maharashtra State founder of Indian Constitution
• Lunmbini Buddha Vihar Mhaisang road
• Nagsen Buddha Vihar Nagsen Nagar
• Muslim Residential School Sonari – on National Highway
• Katepurna- Famous for temple of Goddess Durga
• Pundalik Nagar – Famous for temple of Sant Pundalik Maharaj
• Shree Tuljabhavani Mandir Virahit
• Kanzara Famous temple of Lord Shiva and punjaji Maharaj.
• lord Shiva marriage event will celebrate the village people every year in Kanzara.
• Lakhpuri Famous temple of lord shiva
• Shree Akkalkot Swami Samatha Santhan – The oldest math of Swami Samarth build by Shri Naranrao Jamadar by order and blessings of Shri Ballapa Maharaj ( S.S 1845 )
• Shree Maruti Devasthan Devarn
• Shree Ramkrushna Mandir Mana
• Shri Badri Baba Samadhi Mandir
• Shree Kartik Swami Mandir
• Shree Markandeshwar Mandir Murtizapur
• Shree Vittalrao Jamadar Samadhi
• Shri Mahadev mandir Rajanpur Khinkhini
• Salasar Resort, Kanzara road -midc murtizapur
Shri Jayaji Maharaj Mandir, Hirpur