Buldhana is the district headquarters and a Municipal Council in the Buldhana District of Amravati division in the Indian State of Maharashtra. Buldhana is the biggest city in the Buldhana district.
Buldana has a tropical climate. In winter, there is much less rainfall in Buldana than in summer. This climate is considered to be Aw according to the Koppen-Geiger climate classification. The average annual temperature is 25.6 °C in Buldana. The average annual rainfall is 832 mm.
Motor bus, jeep, two-wheeler and railway are the popular modes of transport. There is a Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation bus stand in the city. There are State Transport bus depots at Buldhana, Malkapur, Chikhli, Mehkar, Khamgaon, Shegaon, and Jalgaon-Jamod. Buldhana is connected to National Highway 6 through Malkapur town by NH753A. There is a construction of 4 lane highway between Ajintha-Buldhana(NH753E) begins, which connect the city to the bigger cities like Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Dhule, Nashik, Mumbai
Malkapur is the nearest railway station. A computerized railway reservation facility is available at Buldhana, while manual a reservation facility is available at the city booking office.
The nearest airport is at Aurangabad, which is 150 kilometers (93 mi) from the city.
Place of interest
• Balaji Temple, Vyankatgiri, Buldhana
• Budheshwar Temple, Madh, Buldhana (From this place the river Painganga originates)
• Temple of Jagadamba Mata, Buldhana
• Kondhana Jagdamba Utsav Mandal, Buldhana
• Rajur ghat on Malkapur-Buldhana NH753A
• Girda Anand Sagar on NH753E
• Dyanganga wild life sanctuary which is 20 km from Buldana city
• Sailani Baba dargah ,Sailani
• Jalicha Dev