Morshi is a town in Amravati district of Maharashtra. Morshi is located towards 55 km north-east from Amravati, Situated very close to Madhya Pradesh Border, in scenic southern foothills of Satpura ranges, Morshi, and surrounding region is also known for the cultivation of famous Nagpur oranges.
This city has a tropical climate. When compared with winter, the summers have much more rainfall. The climate here is classified as Aw by the Köppen-Geiger system. The average temperature in Morshi is 26.7 °C. Precipitation here averages 856 mm.
Place of interest
• Upper Wardha Dam constructed on the river Wardha.
• Nisarg Paryatan Kendra, Morshi.
• Salbardi: Shiva temple located in Satpura mountains
• Bhorkup: Amba Devi temple located in Satpura mountains
• Morshi Rock Shelters, approximate 150 Rock Shelters of Paleolithic age estimated around 12000 BC