Kavathe-Mahankal pronunciation is a tehsil in Miraj subdivision of Sangli district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. This is famous for Mahankali Devi temple and Mallikarjun (God Shiva) Temple. There is also a Sugar Factory, named after the same Goddess Mahankali Sugar Factory.
The climate here is considered to be a local steppe climate. The climate here is classified as BSh by the Koppen-Geiger system. The average annual temperature is 25.1 °C in Kavathe Mahankal. Precipitation here averages 629 mm.
• District HQ Sangli is 45 km by road – State Highway
• State HQ Mumbai is 400 km by road – State Highway + National Highway via Pune
• Solapur City is 150 km via State Highway
• Pandharpur City 100 km by road
• Kolhapur city 100 km via Sangli
• Coastal City Malvan is 250 km via Kolhapur, by road
• Nearest junction Miraj is 40 km by Road
• Nearest railway station Ranjani Road is just 10 km